Riverside’s Got Talent
(A Benefit for Uptown Kiwanis Community Projects)
- Acts are limited to 3 minutes. If the performance requires accompaniment or background music, it must be provided by the performer. Performers may use live accompaniment or CD. If acoustic instruments are used, please provide your own sound equipment (amps, etc.). A microphone and a piano will be available. If your CD will not play on our equipment, you will need to do the audition without music. This is a family show, no profanity, offensive lyrics, or inappropriate jokes or dancing will be allowed. Please bring a written copy of the lyrics for the judges.
- There are two age categories for the contest.
Young Performers (Ages 5-18)
Adult Performers (Ages 19 and up)
Prizes will be awarded to winners in each age category as follows:
1st Place $ 1000
2nd Place $ 500
3rd Place $ 300
- Performers are invited to apply in all kinds of talent — instrumental musicians, vocalists, dancers, jugglers, comics, etc. Uptown Kiwanis wants to provide an entertaining variety show that will be fun for performers and audience alike.
- Auditions will be held between the hours of 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM on several evenings during the week of May 13, 2013. You will be assigned a specific audition time. You will be notified of the time and location by phone or email the week before the auditions. There is a $20 fee for each audition.
- Judges will be a committee appointed by Uptown Kiwanis. The decision of the judges is final.
- Performances will be evaluated on:
Showmanship, Stage Presence, and Visual Impact
Audience Appeal and Entertainment Value
Registration must be turned in by 5:00 PM on April 30, 2013, to Riverside ’s Got Talent, 5850 Via Loma, Riverside , CA , 92506 , or online at www.kiwanisuptownriverside.com. After April 30, 2013, registration will only be accepted on-site at auditions, space and time permitting.